Authors: Author List
Anita Shackelford has been a quiltmaker since 1967 and began teaching in 1980. She is an internationally recognized teacher and lecturer who loves combining appliqué and fine hand quilting to create new quilts in 19th century style. She also enjoys using her sewing machine for many parts of the creative process and has also added longarm quilting to the mix.
Anita has been featured on several television programs, including "Today’s American Quilter," "Kaye’s Quilting Friends," "Linda’s Electric Quilters," and "Simply Quilts." Her work and antique quilts from her collection have been featured in several gallery and museum exhibits. Her quilts have been exhibited in shows across the United States, in Australia and Japan, winning many awards, including twelve Best Of Show and many for workmanship.
Anita is the author several books all of which are published by American Quilter's Society. Anita has been a member of the National Quilting Association since 1982 and served four years on the NQA Board as membership chair. She is a charter member of the American Quilter's Society and The National Quilt Museum.
Books by Anita Shackelford
- Coxcomb Variations: AQS Legacy Collection
- Infinite Feathers Quilting Designs
- Three-Dimensional Applique & Embroidery Embellishment
- CD - Infinite Feathers-Patterns to Print
- Applique With Folded Cutwork
- A Modern Mix: Machine & Hand Quilting
- Teens & Tweens, Quilting Fun with Family & Friends
- Infinite Feathers QD Template