Authors: Author List
Mickey Depre was introduced to the world of Fiber Arts by her own personal “grand masters” at the age of four. Grandmothers, Great Aunts, Aunts, and her mother filled her days with cloth, needles, yarn, and such.
Textiles have always fascinated her. From vintage to current, her taste has always been ALL! Sewing in general, mending, and garment making were never a chore.
In 1997 she found quilting on her own. She is the first quiltmaker in her family, but vows not to be the only one.
Chicago has been her lifelong home. Married to her high school sweetheart Paul, they are the proud parents of a set of grown twins, Paul Jr. and Emily. Then there is Molly their miniature dachshund who now fills the “nest” with joy.
Mickey has quietly instilled her love of sewing into all their lives— husband, son, and daughter, all can sew (it’s a bit rough for Molly to reach the pedal so she is working on ironing skills). She is now waiting for one of them to want to share her stash.
Mickey enjoys sharing her love of fiber through lectures and workshops. Her workshops mix technique instruction with individual creativity and always a giggle or two. You can find more at www.mdquilts.com.
Books by Mickey Depre
- eBook Garden Whimsy AppliquĂ©
- Pieced Hexies: A New Tradition in English Paper PiecingÂ
- eBook Pieced Hexies: A New Tradition in English Paper PiecingÂ
- Pieced Hexies Deux: 10 New Designs to Rock Your Quilts
- eBook Pieced Hexies Duex: 10 New Designs to Rock Your Quilts
- Ring Around the Hexies
- eBook Ring Around the HexiesÂ
- Half-Scrap Quilts
- eBook Half-Scrap Quilts: Take and Make Them Yours