AQ Magazine: Staff Biographies
Patty Martin, Math Checker
Welcome, Patty Martin, to the list of contributing editors for American Quilter magazine. Patty, who lives in Fair Oaks, California, is the new math checker for patterns published in AQ (yes, there IS such a job!).
Patty's background includes a bachelor of science degree in math and computer science from the University of Texas at Arlington, and work experience as a programmer and analyst for over 20 years. She now works part-time in a quilt shop and teaches quilting. In addition to math, Patty is skilled in piecing, appliqué, machine quilting, garment construction, pattern design, Electric Quilt software, and proofreading.
Beginning with the May 2012 issue, she will be checking yardages, making sure diagrams are correct, and going over every pattern and many of the math-oriented technique articles with a fine-tooth comb to check for clarity, accuracy, and ease of construction.
- Angela Schade, Project Coordinator
- Christine N. Brown, Contributing Editor
- Gloria Bolden, Advertising Account Manager
- Helen Squire, Contributing Editor
- Iris Frank, Contributing Editor
- Kathie Kerler, Contributing Editor
- Marje Rhine, Pattern Editor
- Michele Duffy, Editor-in-Chief, American Quilter magazine