Quilt World: Recipe Details
Fresh Raspberry Butter
Servings: 1-1/2 cups
Submitted By: Bonnie Browning
Recipe Source: from a friend
- 1 (6 oz.) container fresh raspberries, picked through
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 T. confectioners' sugar
- 3 sticked unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 T. honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1.Place raspberries in a food processor and pulse until completely pureed. Place raspberry puree in a fine-meshed sieve set over a medium bowl, pressing to extract all the juice from the puree. Discard the seeds and pulp. Pour the strained puree into a medium saucepan and add the lemon juice and sugar. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and cool puree completely.
- 2.Cream together the butter, honey, salt, and cooled puree until smooth and well blended. (This may take up to 5 minutes on high speed.)
- 3.Place butter in molds or onto sheets of plastic wrap and roll into logs. Refrigerate until well chilled and firm.