Quilt World: Recipe Details
Submitted By: Donna McCoy
Recipe Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Cookbook
- 15-ounce Pillsbury All Ready Pie Crusts
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomato
- 4-ounce can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4-ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 or 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- 1.Prepare pie crust according to package directions for two-crust pie, using 9-inch pie pan.
- 2.Place 1 prepared crust in pan; press in bottom and up sides of pan. Trim edges if necessary.
- 3.Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 4.In medium skillet, saute onions in margarine until tender.
- 5.Reserve 1 tablespoon each: chopped tomato and sliced ripe olives.
- 6.Stir remaining tomato, ripe olives, garlic powder, cumin, pepper, and chilies into cooked onions.
- 7.In small bowl, beat eggs with hot pepper sauce; reserve 2 teaspoons of mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup each: Monterey Jack cheese and cheddar cheese.
- 8.Sprinkle remaining cheese over bottom of pie crust lined pan. Spoon onion mixture over cheese. Carefully pour egg mixture over onion mixture; spread to cover.
- 9.Top with second crust; seal edges. Slit crust in decorative design in several places. Brush with reserved egg mixture.
- 10.Bake at 375 degrees on lowest oven rack for 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11.Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm with sour cream, salsa, and reserved tomatoes and sliced olives.