Quilt World: Recipe Details
Pasta with Eggplant and Tomatoes
Submitted By: Donna McCoy
Recipe Source: my own creation
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- 1.In a large skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Add eggplant, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper to taste.
- 2.When egglant softens, add garlic and tomatoes. Cook about 10 minutes. Add more salt, pepper, and olive oil, if needed.
- 3.Meanwhile, cook pasta; drain. Toss with 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil. Add to eggplant mixture and toss to mix well.
- 4.Serve warm topped with Parmesan and basil.