Quilt World: Recipe Details
Fresh Apple Cake
Servings: 1 sheet cake
Submitted By: Peggy Morrison
Recipe Source: A friend YEARS AGO in North Carolina
- 1 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups all purp. flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh apples, peeled and chopped
- 1.Mix oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- 2.Add rest of ingredients
- 3.Stir well.
- 4.Add fresh apples and pecans.
- 5.Mixture will be very thick.
- 6.Pour into greased and floured 11 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 45 min. to an hour. Cool then frost.
- 7.Frosting: 6oz. cream cheese, 2 T. butter, 2 tsp. vanilla, 4 cups confectionery sugar, 1 cup pecans, MIX WELL
- 8.This cake is VERY moist and gets better after the first day, so it's good to make ahead of time.