Quilt World: Recipe Details
Make Ahead Chicken Casserole
Servings: Serves 10 - 12
Submitted By: Bonnie Browning
Recipe Source: Karen Kirkland from the Cooking with the Kirklands Cookbook
- 1 (7 oz.) pkg. uncooked Creamettes macaroni
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 pound American cheese, diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, cut fine
- 1.Mix all ingredients in a large casserole. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- 2.Remove from refrigerator 1 to 2 hours before baking. Cracker crumbs and/or hard-boiled eggs may be put on top.
- 3.Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 4.Good make ahead dinner when you are busy quilting!