Quilt World: Recipe Details
Slow Cooker Lasagna
Servings: Serves 8
Submitted By: Bonnie Browning
Recipe Source: Cooking with the Kirklands Cookbook - our family cookbook
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (Ragu Chunky Garden Style is good)
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 jar (4.5 oz.) mushrooms (Optional)
- 1 (15 oz.) carton ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1.Cook beef and Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles; drain.
- 2.Combine spaghetti sauce and water in a small bowl.
- 3.Place 4 uncooked noodles in bottom of a lightly greased 5-quart electric slow cooker. Layer with half each of beef mixture, spaghetti sauce mixture, and mushrooms.
- 4.Spread ricotta cheese over mushrooms. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 5.Layer with remaining noodles, meat, sauce mixture, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese.
- 6.Cover and cook on High setting for 1 hour; reduce heat and cook on Low setting for 5 hours.