Quilt World: Recipe Details
Submitted By: Tammy Ahrens
Recipe Source: My original recipe
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups sour milk
- 1 rounded teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2-1/2 cups flour (kamut or spelt)
- 1.Mix eggs and milk, molasses and olive oil.
- 2.Combine the rest of the ingredients.
- 3.Add to the liquid ingredients.
- 4.Stir till moistened.
- 5.Pour approx. 1/2 cup on hot griddle.
- 6.When bubbles slightly around the edges, turn and let cook on remaining side.
- 7.Top with butter, maple syrup, or your choice of topping.