Celebrate fall with 12 pumpkins circling fall leaves.
Gather your supplies:
- 13 green wool scraps for green leaves
- 11 yellow wool scraps for yellow leaves
- 10 brown wool scraps for brown leaves
- 12 orange wool scraps for pumpkins
- 8 brown and tan scraps for acorns
Download the templates here
Cut the background fabric to the desired size. The minimum for the pattern is 24" x 24".
- Trace the pattern pieces onto freezer paper.
- Cut the pieces out leaving a border around all cutting lines.
- Press the freezer paper to the front side of the wool scraps.
- Cut out the pieces on the tracing line.
Putting it all together:
Step 1 - Outer Leaves
- Using the diagram as a guide, place the outer leaves on the background fabric.
- Baste in place.
Step 2 - Pumpkins
- Using the diagram as a guide, place the pumpkins on the background fabric and the outer leaves.
- Baste along the edge of the pumpkins where they overlap the outer leaves.
- Trim away the excess outer leaves under the pumpkins and finish basting the pumpkins.
- Stitch the pumpkins and outer leaves in place using matching embroidery floss.
Step 3 - Center Leaves
- Using the diagram as a guide, place the center leaves in layers.
- Baste along any overlapping edges where the leaves overlap.
- Trim away the excess leaves under the layered leaves and finish basting the leaves.
- Stitch the leaves in place using matching embroidery floss.
Step 4 - Acorns
- Using the diagram as a guide, place the acorns.
- Baste the acorns.
- Stitch the acorns in place using matching embroidery floss.
- Add any line embellishment and beads desired.
Once finished with all the stitching, lay the piece face down on a towel and cover with another towel. Press quickly from the backside.
Trim the piece to the desired size for the finishing project.
Make into a pillow, wallhanging, table runner, or any other fun fall project you imagine!