4. Costs and Expenses: All costs and expenses associated with any element of any and all prizes not specifically addressed above, including but not limited to taxes, shipping charges, and any other fees, are the sole responsibility of the Prizewinner. Sponsor shall solely determine the specifics of all aforementioned elements of any prize in the Giveaway. Some restrictions may apply. Prizewinner agrees that AQS has not made or is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize. No substitution, transfer of any prize (or any part of a prize package), or cash alternative is permitted. Prizes are not redeemable in cash. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are solely between the manufacturer and winner; therefore, winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Description of the prize can be found online at https://new.elna.com/us/en/models/experience/experience-530/.
5. Drawing and Notification: The Prizewinner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries for each day of the giveaway on April 26 - 29, 2023. The Potential Prizewinner will be notified by phone on the day their entry is drawn during the event. If Sponsor does not receive acceptance of a Prize Package within twenty-four (24) hours from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the winners and other matters pertaining to the Giveaway shall be final. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential prizewinner, or if potential prizewinner fails to comply with any of the requirements, an alternate winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Tampering: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsors’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Giveaway, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Giveaway, the judges reserve the right to terminate the Giveaway and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all entries received as of the termination date. Should the Giveaway be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the American Quilter’s Society website.
7. Use of Information and Likeness: When entering the Giveaway, you consent to receiving information from the American Quilter’s Society and its partners. This information can be sent via email, mail, SMS, or telephone. The use of email information shall be subject to the privacy policies of the American Quilter’s Society which are available on the AQS website (www.americanquilter.com). All prizewinners consent to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. Release of Liability: By entering this Giveaway, all entrants and winners, and their successors, assignees, family members, guests, invitees, agents, and employees release, hold harmless, and agree to indemnify Sponsor, as well as the respective officers, directors, agents, employees, shareholders, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliated companies, Giveaway Entities and prize suppliers, and affiliates of the Sponsor and all others associated with the development and execution of this Giveaway from, against, and for any and all actions, claims, losses and/or liability with respect to or in any way arising from participation in this Giveaway and/or acceptance or use of any prize and any related travel and/or activities, including, but not limited to, liability for personal injury, death, damages, taxes, fees, expenses or loss, including but not limited to attorney’s fees.
9. Technology Failure or Human Error: Schroeder Publishing Company, Inc., d/b/a American Quilter’s Society (“Sponsor”) and the Giveaway Entities, their affiliates, distributors, dealers, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway; inability to access the American Quilter’s Society website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or illegible or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction; printing or human errors; mailed entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of mailing is not considered proof of delivery or receipt.
10. Governing Law: This Giveaway is governed by Kentucky law. The venue of any legal action or lawsuit relating to this Giveaway shall be in a court located in McCracken County, Kentucky, or the US District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Paducah division.
11. Winners list: To learn the names of the winners, go to www.americanquilter.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after April 30, 2023, to 2023 Paducah Quilt Week Janome / Elna Sewing Machine Giveaway, Winners List, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42002-3290. Requests received after December 31, 2023 will not be honored.