- How to Enter: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (CT) on July 16, 2014, until 5:00 p.m. CT on September 13, 2014, you may enter the AQS Fall 2014 Dream Studio Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) in any of the following ways: (i) visit the American Quilter’s Society Website (www.AmericanQuilter.com/studio) and complete the online entry form by providing your name, complete address, phone number, and valid e-mail address (limit one entry per household and/or per e-mail address); (ii) enter at the Dream Studio kiosk while attending a 2014 AQS QuiltWeek® event in Charlotte, NC, Grand Rapids, MI, or Chattanooga, TN, (limit one entry per e-mail address); (iii) hand print your name, complete address, and phone number either on a postcard or separate piece of paper no larger than 8½" x 11"; place it in an envelope; and mail the card or envelope to AQS Fall 2014 Dream Studio Giveaway, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42002-3290 (the “mail-in address”). Mail-in entrants must be postmarked by September 10, 2014, and received by September 13, 2014. (Limit one entry per household.); or, (iv) return the entry card provided by mail to AQS, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42002-3290 to be received no later than September 13, 2014.
Mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the American Quilter’s Society and will not be returned.
No Purchase Necessary. Purchase will not increase entrant’s chance of winning.
- Eligibility: This Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the continental U.S. and its territories, possessions, and commonwealths (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years of age or older. Officers, directors, employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children, and each of their respective spouses) of Schroeder Publishing Company, Inc. and the Giveaway Entities (listed below) their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited, including Florida, New York, and Rhode Island.
- Grand Prize: One (1) Grand-Prize Winner will receive a quilting studio to consist of: One (1) HQ18 Avanté® and HQ Studio Frame with Precision-Glide aluminum track from Handi Quilter to include delivery within the 48 contiguous United States only; one (1) Janome Home Sewing Machine to include The Horizon Memory Craft 8200 QC; one (1) GO! Platinum Collection Starter Set with 51 of the Top 100 GO! dies from AccuQuilt; Quilting and cutting tables from Tracey’s Tables to include one (1) Cutting Table, one (1) Hideaway, one (1) Quilters’ Cabinet, one (1) Mini Storage Unit, and one (1) Thread Cabinet including shipping charges; and, from the American Quilter’s Society, one Quilter’s Library of ten (10) different books published by AQS and a selection of fabric from Shopaqs.com and one (1) trip to AQS QuiltWeek® - Des Moines, Iowa 2014 on October 1 - 4, 2014, provided by the American Quilter’s Society, shall consist of: (a) Roundtrip coach class air transportation for one (1) person between the major U.S. commercial airport nearest Grand-Prize Winner’s residence in the contiguous United States and Des Moines, Iowa, on October 1, 2014; return flight October 4, 2014. (b) Four (4) days/three (3) nights hotel accommodations at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown (700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa). (c) One (1) multi-day pass for entrance into the AQS QuiltWeek - Des Moines, Iowa 2014 event. (d) One (1) set of special event tickets to include: “Can You Come Out to Play?” (October 2, 2014) and “Don’t Be a Quilt ‘Square’!” (October 3, 2014). (e) $200.00 U.S. cash. Total ARV estimated $21,592.52 (U.S.).
- 1st Prize: One (1) trip to AQS QuiltWeek® - Des Moines, Iowa 2014 on October 1 - 4, 2014, provided by the American Quilter’s Society, shall consist of: (a) Roundtrip coach class air transportation for one (1) person between the major U.S. commercial airport nearest First-Prize Winner’s residence in the contiguous United States and Des Moines, Iowa, on October 1, 2014; return flight October 4, 2014. (b) Four (4) days/three (3) nights hotel accommodations at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown (700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa). (c) One (1) multi-day pass for entrance into the AQS QuiltWeek - Des Moines, Iowa 2014 event. (d) One (1) set of special event tickets to include: “Can You Come Out to Play?” (October 2, 2014) and “Don’t Be a Quilt ‘Square’!” (October 3, 2014). (e) $200.00 U.S. cash. Total ARV estimated $1,000.00 (U.S.).
- 2nd Prize: Ten (10) Second-Prize Winners will each receive a Quilter’s Library of ten (10) different books published by. Total ARV estimated $209.55, $2,095.50 total (U.S.).
- 3rd Prize: Fifty (50) Third-Prize Winners will each receive one (1) $25.00 Gift Certificate from the American Quilter’s Society for use on purchases at shopaqs.com. Total ARV $25.00 each, $1,250.00 total (U.S.).
- Costs and Expenses: All costs and expenses associated with any element of any and all prizes not specifically addressed above, including but not limited to taxes, shipping charges, and any other fees, are the sole responsibility of the Prizewinner. Sponsor shall solely determine the specifics of all aforementioned elements of any prize in the Giveaway. Some restrictions may apply. Prizewinner agrees that AQS has not made or is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize. No substitution, transfer of any prize (or any part of a prize package), or cash alternative is permitted. Prizes are not redeemable in cash. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are solely between the manufacturer and winner; therefore, winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
- Drawing and Notification: Prizewinners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about September 15, 2014. Potential Grand-Prize and First-Prize winners will be notified by phone only on or about September 15, 2014. If Sponsor does not receive acceptance of the Grand Prize and First Prize by a potential winner within twenty-four (24) hours from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the winner and other matters pertaining to the Giveaway shall be final. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential prizewinner, or if potential prizewinner fails to comply with any of the requirements, an alternate winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Tampering: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsors’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Giveaway, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Giveaway, the judges reserve the right to terminate the Giveaway and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all entries received as of the termination date. Should the Giveaway be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the American Quilter’s Society website.
- Use of Information and Likeness: When entering the Giveaway, you consent to receiving information from the American Quilter’s Society and its partners. This information can be sent via e-mail, mail, SMS, or telephone. The use of e-mail information shall be subject to the privacy policies of the American Quilter’s Society which are available on the AQS website (www.americanquilter.com). All Prize Winners consent to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Release of Liability: By entering this Giveaway, all entrants and winners, and their successors, assigns, family members, guests, invitees, agents, and employees release, hold harmless, and agree to indemnify Sponsor, as well as the respective officers, directors, agents, employees, shareholders, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliated companies, Giveaway Entities and prize suppliers, and affiliates of the Sponsor and all others associated with the development and execution of this Giveaway from, against and for any and all actions, claims, losses and/or liability with respect to or in any way arising from participation in this Giveaway and/or acceptance or use of any prize and any related travel and/or activities, including but not limited to liability for personal injury, death, damages, taxes, fees, expenses or loss, including but not limited to attorney’s fees.
- Technology Failure or Human Error: Schroeder Publishing Company, Inc. d/b/a American Quilter’s Society (“Sponsor”) and the Giveaway Entities their affiliates, distributors, dealers, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway; inability to access the American Quilter’s Society website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or illegible or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction; printing or human errors; mailed entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of mailing is not considered proof of delivery or receipt.
- Governing Law: This Giveaway is governed by Kentucky law. The venue of any legal action or lawsuit relating to this Giveaway shall be in a court located in McCracken County, Kentucky, or the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Paducah division.
- List of Winners: To learn the names of the winners, go to www.americanquilter.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after September 20, 2014, to AQS 2014 Fall Dream Studio Giveaway, Winners List, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42002-3290. Requests received after January 1, 2015, will not be honored.
- Giveaway Entities:
AccuQuilt, Handi Quilter®, Janome, and Tracey's Tables
- Sponsor: Schroeder Publishing Company, Inc., d/b/a American Quilter’s Society, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42002-3290.
Studio photos: (top to bottom) (1) Emma Jean Jansen, www.emmajeanjansen.com.au; (2) Caroline Hulse, sewcaroline.com; (3) Brook Wilhelmsen, beingbrook.com; (4) Laurraine Yuyama, patchworkpottery.com; (5) Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms; (6) Lotta Jansdotter Studio by Jenny Hallengren; (7) Dawn Hansen, olabelhe.com; (8) Lova Rajaonarimanana, handmadewithjoy.etsy.com; (9) Jacquelyn Gering of Tallgrass Prairie Studio; and (10) Anna Maria Horner, annamariahorner.com.