One (1) winner will receive a prize package to include:
One (1) trip for two (2) from September 12, 2018 to September 15, 2018 to AQS QuiltWeek® – Fall Paducah, Kentucky 2018 event, provided by the American Quilter’s Society and consisting of:
- Round trip coach class air transportation for two (2) persons between the major US commercial airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s residence in the 48 contiguous United States and Paducah, Kentucky, departure on September 12, 2018 and return flight September 15, 2018;
- Four (4) days/three (3) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) double occupancy room in Paducah, Kentucky;
- Two (2) multi-day passes for entrance into AQS QuiltWeek – Fall Paducah, Kentucky 2018;
- Two (2) sets of special event tickets to include: All-Star Review on September 12, 2018 and An Evening with Tula Pink on September 13, 2018; and
- $200.00 each for Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest. Total cash $400.00 (US).
Estimated ARV $2,200.00 (US)
One (1) $1,000 Gift Certificate per traveler for up to two people toward a quilting cruise of their choice courtesy of Quilt Seminars at Sea and Holland America Line®. Available cruises to choose from:
- Alaska 4-day land plus 7-day cruise August 2018
- Hawaii 17-day cruise February 2019
- Ireland 14-day cruise May 2019
- Alaska 7-day cruise August 2019
- Panama Canal 11-day cruise November 2019
Package includes quilting classes and all other activities in the Quilt Seminars at Sea program.
This certificate is valid for travel only on a Quilt Seminars at Sea sponsored cruise. Based on availability. No cash value. Not transferable. Not extendable. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to check the website for the schedule of available cruises.
The prize winner will be responsible for any other costs associated with the cruise. Other items not covered in the cruise cost include but are not limited to kit fees for each class, plus items of a personal nature such as photographs, laundry, massage, as well as shore excursions, alcoholic beverages, sodas, or tipping. Holland America applies a service charge for tipping to your account on board at the rate of up to $13.50 per guest per day. All service personnel on board receive gratuities from this service charge, so no additional tipping is necessary except for bar drinks and spa services which have “as-you-go” service charges added separately.
CONDITIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Subject to changes and availability. AAA Washington Travel is acting as an agent for suppliers of air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, cruises, etc. AAA Washington Travel attempts to represent only those suppliers of travel that have shown an acceptable level of stability, dependability, and responsiveness to problems and complaints. Nevertheless, AAA Washington Travel does not control the actions or failure to act of the suppliers it represents. Therefore, AAA Washington Travel shall not be responsible for any breach of contract, failure to comply with any laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), or any intentional or negligent actions or omissions on the part of such suppliers which result in any loss, damage, delay, inconvenience, or injury to travelers or travelers’ companions or group members, including any losses resulting from any changes in suppliers’ rates, unless marked on your invoice, tickets, or reservation itinerary as “Guaranteed,” or any losses in connection with booking, reservation, connection, or scheduling problems, or in connection with the handling or loss of baggage or other personal effects. AAA Travel shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or deficiencies, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside AAA Travel’s control. By embarking upon his/her travel, the traveler voluntarily assumes all risks involved in such travel, whether expected or unexpected. Traveler is hereby warned of the above risks as well as possible travel industry bankruptcies, climatic disruptions, natural disasters, civil unrest, terrorist activities, and the possibility traveler may be unable to travel as scheduled because of personal emergency or medical problems, etc. Traveler is advised to obtain appropriate insurance coverage against these risks. Information is available through AAA Travel regarding travel insurance. Traveler’s booking of reservations or utilization of tickets after receipt of this information will constitute a consent to the above and an agreement on his/her part to provide copies hereof to his/her travel companions or group members together with an explanation that if they embark, they do so subject to these Conditions and Responsibilities. Restrictions and limitations apply. We periodically photograph/film people participating in the program for publicity and promotional purposes. Attending the seminar gives your implied consent to such photos to use without compensation or prior approval. Agency #178-018-521.
Airfare reimbursement allowance maximum of $500 for two (2) not to exceed $1,000 provided by American Quilter's Society.
ARV includes Cruise Certificate $1,000.00 x 2 = $2,000.00
Airfare reimbursement $500 x 2 = $1,000.00.
Estimated ARV $3,000.00 (US)
One (1) Skyline S9 Sewing and Embroidery Machine from Janome:
The Skyline S9 is the first machine in its series to include both sewing and embroidery. This great machine includes Wi-Fi capability that makes it easy to send embroidery designs from an iPad or computer straight to the machine. In addition, the Skyline S9 includes three iPad apps, AcuEdit, AcuMonitor, and AcuSetter, to make your sewing and embroidery time more efficient. Enjoy choosing up to 250 embroidery designs, including 40 exclusive designs by Anna Maria Horner along with 300 stitches. With a maximum embroidery size of 6.7" x 7.9" and sewing speeds of 1000 SPM, the Skyline S9 provides a full suite of powerful capabilities to ensure all projects are beautiful, yet easily executed. Navigating through these great features is easy with the Skyline S9's LCD color touchscreen.
Estimated ARV $3,999.00 (U.S.)
One (1) Prize package from Juki America Inc. to include:
One (1) Serger Machine MO-2000QVP:
Serge like a pro with outstanding ease! The MO-2000QVP features a new convenient upper and lower looper air threading that easily threads with a strong whoosh of air sent from the electric motor. This amazing function dramatically alters upper and lower looper threading since you do not need to thread in order. 2-needle, 4-thread stitching allows for various sewing applications - from overlock stitching to rolled hem. In addition, it features an informational LCD screen that offers easy set-up instructions including tension settings for 15 different stitches at a glance. Add serging techniques to your world of sewing and open new doors to design opportunities!
Estimated ARV $1,999.00 (U.S.)
One (1) Sewing Machine MCS-1700QVP:
Create a professional finish on textiles and garments with the MCS-1700QVP cover stitch and chain stitch sewing machine. The 3- and 4-thread cover stitch is perfect for various applications, such as hems, sleeve cuffs, and necklines. Gather and create simple hems with chain stitch. The MCS-1700 is the ideal partner in your sewing room that gives a professional finish to your textiles and garments.
Estimated ARV $1,099.00 (U.S.)
One (1) Extension Table MO-2000QVP:
The MO-2000QVP Extension Table features a high-quality smooth acrylic top with adjustable legs. The extended work area allows for more space when working on a large project. In addition, the see-through tabletop allows you to store accessories underneath.
Estimated ARV $100.00 (U.S.)
Estimated ARV $3,198.00 (U.S.)
One (1) Prize package from WonderFil™ Specialty Threads containing a selection of threads to include:
- Quilter's "Candy" Stand, 60 spools of Spagetti™ thread & 40 spools of Fruitti™ thread on a wooden thread rack display. Spools are 12wt double gassed Egyptian cotton, solid and variegated, 437 yd (400m):
- 60 spools of Spagetti, SP4, solid ($8.00 each) $480.00
- 40 spools Fruitti, FT4, variegated ($9.50 each) $380.00
- Wooden Thread Rack, capacity 100 spools $120.00
- Sewist's Spectacular Stash, 60 spools of Konfetti™ thread. Spools are 50wt double gassed Egyptian cotton, solid, 1093 yd (1000m):
- 60 spools Konfetti, KTI, solid ($8.00 each) $480.00
- Violet Craft's Collection. Unique color sets designed by VC:
- 1 Violet Craft DecoBob™ Pack $27.00
- 1 Violet Craft Spagetti Pack $36.00
Estimated ARV $1,523.00 (U.S.)
One (1) Prize package from Havel's Sewing containing a selection of mats and cutters to include:
- 30140 5-1/2" Curved Tip Sewing Scissors $17.99
- 60140 5-1/2" Straight Serrated Scissors $18.99
- 50140 6" Larger Finger Loop Serrated Scissors $18.99
- 30178 7" Quilting/Sewing Scissors $18.99
- 30212 8" Serrated Quilting/Sewing Scissors $22.99
- 30202 8" Non-Serrated Quilting/Sewing Scissors $22.99
- 32230 Dura-Cut Pinking Shears $39.99
- 38002 9" Serrated Dura-Shears $26.99
- 38001 9" Non-Serrated Dura-Shears $26.99
- 39000 4-3/4" Dura-Snips on a Neck Strap $14.99
- 33010 4-3/4" Pointed Tips Snip-EZE $19.99
- 33012 4-3/4" Blunt Tips Snip-EZE $19.99
- 33013 4-3/4" Rounded Tips Snip-EZE $19.99
- 33009 4-1/2" Snip-a-Stitch $19.99
- 30015 3-1/2" Stitch Cutting Scissors $5.99
- 33025 5-1/4" Ultimate Embroidery Scissors $22.99
- 30040 3-1/2" Double-Curved Embroidery Scissors $8.99
- 60040 3-1/2" Double-Curved Embroidery Scissors Extra-Fine Tip $10.99
- 70040 5" Double-Curved Scissors $10.99
- 18950 Ultra-Pro Seam Ripper $9.99
- 18935 Ultra-Pro II Seam Ripper $10.99
- 18906 Replacement Seam Ripper Blades (6 Pack) $8.99
- 18936 Replacement Button Hole Blades (6 Pack) $8.99
- 18933 Improved Ultra-Glide $2.99
- 18960 E-Z Grip Seam Ripper $2.99
- 30010 3-1/2" Standard Embroidery Scissors Straight $5.99
- 30012 3-1/2" Standard Embroidery Scissors Curved Tips $5.99
- 30019 3-1/2" Hardanger/Embroidery Scissors Curved Tips $6.99
- 30017 3-1/2" Hardanger/Embroidery Scissors Extra-Fine Tips $6.99
- 30018 3-1/2" Hardanger/Embroidery Scissors Straight Tips $6.99
- 30028 3-1/2" Hardanger/Embroidery Scissors Double-Curved $8.49
- 80042 6" Double-Pointed Duckbill Scissors $18.99
- 50042 5-1/2" Multi-Angled Duckbill Scissors Larger Finger Loops $16.99
- 30042 5-1/2" Multi-Angled Duckbill Scissors Pointed Tips $17.99
- 60042 5-1/2" Multi-Angled Duckbill Scissors Blunt Tips $18.99
- 33021 5-1/2" Vertical Curve Rounded Bottom Scissors $10.99
- 33015 5-3/4" Double-Curved Appliqué Scissors Rounded Tips $12.99
- 33014 5-3/4" Double-Curved Appliqué Scissors Pointed Tips $12.99
- 33017 4" Double-Curved Trimmers Rounded Tip $10.99
- 33018 4" Double-Curved Trimmers Pointed Tip $10.99
- 32060 60MM Jumbo Rotary Cutter $16.99
- 32045 45MM Comfort Rotary Cutter $14.99
- 32028 28MM 2-in-1 Comfort Rotary Cutter and Chenille Cutter $14.99
- 32006 60MM Replacement Blade (1) Tungsten Steel $8.99
- 32001 45MM Replacement Blade (1) Tungsten Steel $6.49
- 32003 28MM Replacement Blades (2) Tungsten Steel $6.49
- 32001WTS 45MM Wide Skip Blade (1) Stainless Steel $6.49
- 32001S 45MM Skip Blade (1) Stainless Steel $6.49
- 32001P 45MM Pinking Blade (1) Stainless Steel $6.49
- 32001W 45MM Wave Blade (1) Stainless Steel $6.49
- 39219 Fabric Ruler 24" x 6" $18.49
- 32122 22" x 16" High Quality 5-Layer Cutting Mat $24.99
- 32124 34" x 22" XL High Quality 5-Layer Cutting Mat $34.99
- 39019 Fabric Cutter $59.99
- 35001 5-1/2" Non-Stick Serrated Scissors $12.99
- 69000 9" Non-Stick Serrated Scissors $24.99
Estimated ARV $859.44 (U.S.)
One (1) Prize package provided by the American Quilter's Society containing three (3) gift cards for iquilt.com classes and one (1) quilt kit on ShopAQS to include:
Divide, Design & Fill for Beautiful Quilting with Lisa H. Calle (#12028)
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3! Lisa H. Calle has developed a method to divide large spaces on a quilt top into smaller sections and add beautiful quilting motifs and fills. Looking at open spaces on a quilt top can be overwhelming, but in this class, you’ll learn a step-by-step process that produces one-of-a-kind masterpieces. Lisa shows how to turn large spaces into smaller, more manageable sections by adding a series of dividing lines. Place lovely feathers, ferns, and leaves within the lines. Then, put the finishing touches on your quilts with fills that make your quilting motifs pop! Lisa even shows what to do to make that quilting mistake look like it was part of the quilting plan. No matter your preferred quilting method—hand, domestic machine, or longarm—this class will leave you looking forward to creating your own quilting designs. And best of all, the entire method requires hardly any marking or measuring!
Estimated ARV $34.95 (U.S.)
Successful Machine Quilting: Basic & Beyond with Cindy Seitz-Krug (#12009)
Many of us complete a quilt top but hesitate when it comes to quilting on our home machines. Cindy’s easy manner takes you from marking and basting to straight-line stitching and continuous free-motion quilting. Feathers are included as well as turning, placement, and stitching techniques. Learn to anchor your piece and determine the order in which things get quilted. Know which foot to use and what to do with feed dogs. Cindy Seitz-Krug also demonstrates how a large quilt can be successfully quilted on a domestic home machine. This beginner’s class takes the mystique out of quilting on your very own sewing machine and gives you the skills you need to sew your projects from start to finish.
Estimated ARV $24.95 (U.S.)
Artistic Painted Appliqué with Linda M. Poole (#12006)
Change the way you think of appliqué with this new approach by Linda M. Poole. Rather than using individual fabric pieces for appliqué, Linda shows how to use one piece of fabric and paints to achieve beautiful, artistic appliquéd quilts. Use the original downloadable pattern to practice along with Linda, then apply this method to any quilt. Painted appliqué is fun, easy, and makes your quilts sing. Linda also shows her pattern quilted in various ways and with a variety of embellishments and extra-special finishing touches. Even if you have never painted before or feel you are not an artist, you will be creating lovely painted appliqué quilts of your own in no time with Linda’s encouraging and thorough instruction.
Estimated ARV $34.95 (U.S.)
Jacobean Arbor Complete Kit (#11856)
Make an extraordinary masterpiece with the laser-cut Jacobean Arbor quilt kit for machine appliqué, a Patricia Campbell design. Her original award-winning hand appliqué has been adapted by Anna’s Awesome Appliqué Designs for machine embroidery appliqué in convenient laser-cut shapes. Each of the intricate pieces is digitally cut to perfection on Jinny Beyer’s colorful Malam batiks, pre-fused and ready to place on the solid black background. Detailed instructions include precise layout diagrams with alignment crosshairs. Finish with your favorite stitches, adding embroidery embellishment if desired. Included in this kit are: detailed instructions, nine blocks, the border (a set of four units), and 7¾ yards of background fabric. Finished size is approximately 76" x 76".
Estimated ARV $599.95 (U.S.)
Total Estimated ARV $694.80 (U.S.)
Total Grand Prize Estimated ARV $15,474.24 (U.S.)
Ten (10) Second-Prize Winners will each receive a $100 Gift Certificate for use on ShopAQS.com.
Total Second Prize Estimated ARV $100.00 (U.S.)
Total Second Prize Estimated ARV x 10, $1,000.00 (U.S.)
Fifty (50) Third-Prize Winners will each receive:
One (1) copy of 2019 Quilt Art Engagement Calendar by Klaudeen Hansen (#11318), published by the American Quilter’s Society, 2018.
Total Third Prize Estimated ARV $15.95 (U.S.)
Total Third Prize Estimated ARV x 50 $797.50 (U.S.)
Estimated ARV of AQS Spring Quilters Grand GIVEAWAY $17,271.74 (U.S.)
Giveaway made possible by these great Sponsors